Caring For Your New Tattoo
The aftercare instructions for "tattooing" as determined by the Board of Barbers and Hairdressers, must be provided to clients in accordance with AS 08.13.215.
*Please chat with Kasha regarding aftercare for micro-blading as it may vary from the instructions listed below. If you have immediate questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
At a minimum, aftercare instructions for tattoos must advise clients to:
1. Leave the moisture barrier covering on overnight; remove in the morning and wash tattoo with mild soap and warm water.
2. Gently massage lotion or ointment into the tattoo 6 times a day for at least 10 days and not to wear tight clothes, elastic, nylons, or panty hose for 2 weeks.
3. Do not get the tattoo wet for one week except for a daily gentle wash (short showers only); no bathing, hot tubs, or swimming.
4. Keep tattoo out of the sun for 3 weeks.
5. Be aware that tattoo will peel like a sunburn in 2-5 days.
All tattoo aftercare instructions must:
1. Advise client to consult a physician at the first sign of infection.
2. Contain the name, address and telephone number of the shop where the procedure was performed. The aftercare form shall be signed and dated by the client and practitioner, and the practitioner shall keep the original and provide a copy to the client.